Blueberry Lemon Salad
Servings: 2 salads
Blueberries, quinoa, green onions, Swiss cheese, and dried cranberries come together over a bed of spinach. Drizzled with lemon olive oil and you have an easy, filling and delicious salad.
- ½ cup quinoa (also need 1 cup of water to cook the quinoa)
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- ½ cup shredded Swiss Cheese
- ¼ cup green onions
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 4 tablespoon lemon infused olive oil *see notes
1. Using a fine mesh sieve, rinse ½ cup of quinoa under cold water. Boil the rinsed quinoa in 1 cup of water on high on the stove. When the water starts to boil, cover and turn down the heat to low. Simmer for 15 mins, or until the water has absorbed. Remove from heat and let sit, still covered for 5 mins. **see notes
2. Place the frozen blueberries in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 2 mins, or until the berries are soft and there is juice in the bowl. Berries should still be whole and not mushy.
3. Divide the spinach between two plates. Add cooked quinoa, dried cranberries and green onions on top of each. Then add the defrosted blueberries on top. Make sure to drizzle the blueberry juice on top of the salad. Then sprinkle the Swiss cheese on top and drizzle with 2 tbsps of lemon olive oil on each salad.
*I highly recommend using Lemon Infused Olive Oil, which you should be able to find at the grocery store. If not, you can get it online.
However, if you don't want to purchase it, you can make something similar, by whisking ¼ cup of lemon juice with ½ cup of olive oil.
** Quinoa can also be made in the instant pot. Check out how here. Also, it's a great idea to make a large batch of quinoa and freeze it in individual portions. That way, when making this recipe, you could just pull it out of the freezer and microwave for about 1 min, 30 seconds. This significantly cuts down on prep time for this salad.
Sodium: 92mg | Calcium: 280mg | Sugar: 15.7g | Fiber: 6.8g | Potassium: 561mg | Cholesterol: 25mg | Calories: 526kcal | Saturated Fat: 9g | Fat: 37.5g | Protein: 12.9g | Carbohydrates: 39.9g | Iron: 5mg